“There is a fountain of youth: it is your mind, your talents, the creativity you bring to your life and the lives of people you love. When you learn to tap this source, you will truly have defeated age.” ― Sophia Loren
We couldn’t agree more, Sophia. That being said, why not help assist the anti-aging process with a superfood such as…(drum roll)... CHIA SEEDS!
Chia seeds originated in Mexico and were believed to be so valuable in nutrition that they were even used as currency. These days, the antioxidant rich seeds have become quite popular in health stores around the world. High in fibre, omega-3 essential fatty acid, and also a great source of protein, these tiny seeds pack a healthy punch to make sure you have energy to last you all day.
Try this tasty chia pudding for yourself!
3 Tbs Chia seeds
1 Tbs Hemp seeds
1 Tbs Coconut yoghurt
3/4 cup Milk of your choice (we prefer oat or almond)
Calmer Sutra Chai Sprinkles (to dust on top!)
- Place all ingredients into a jar or small container.
- Stir together so that the milk, yoghurt and seeds are well combined.
- Store in the fridge for approx 1 hour then stir again to make sure the milk and seeds haven't separated.
- Leave in the fridge overnight.
- Serve with optional sweeteners such as our Calmer Sutra Hiranya Honey or for a vegan option, you can use maple syrup.
- Decorate with your choice of fresh fruit, coconut shavings, layered yoghurt, or even add muesli or nuts for added nutrients. Top off with our Chai Sprinkles and extra hemp seeds.
- Enjoy as a quick, easy and satisfying breakfast or snack.
Note: if the pudding is super thick add extra milk to soften the consistency, make sure to stir.
Can’t get enough of chia? Check out our Chai-Nana Breakfast smoothie for another delicious breakfast option.
Don't forget to tag us on Instagram @calmerchai if you create this recipe at home!