A Spiced Up Classic Cookie
Obviously, we're a little chai-obsessed here at Calmer Sutra Tea, but in all honestly these Chai Spiced Anzac Cookies are the perfect marriage of flavours. Created by our Sales Manager Nina, they are a contemporary take on a very adored classic.
Make them this Anzac Day and delight your family and friends.
- 1 1/4 cups plain flour, sifted
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1/2 cup brown sugar or coconut sugar
- 3/4 cup desiccated coconut
- 2 heaped teaspoons of Chai Baking Spice
- 150g unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoons golden syrup or maple
- 1 1/2 tablespoons water
- 1/2 teaspoon bicarbonate soda
- Preheat your oven to 180C
- Whisk the flour, oats, sugar and coconut in a large bowl
- In a small saucepan, add the golden/maple syrup and butter. Stir over a low heat until the butter melts.
- Mix the bicarb with 1 1/2 tablespoons water and add to the syrup mixture.
- Remove from the heat, it will be bubbling (which is what you want!)
- Pour the syrup mixture into the dry ingredients and stir together until combined
- Roll mixture into balls (approximately 1 tablespoon's worth) and place onto lined baking trays pressing down on the top of each to flatten into cookie shape
- Bake for 12 minutes or until golden brown
Allow the cookies to cool before serving with a nourishing pot of Calmer Chai.