WARM AND NOURISHING
Mama Chai’s sticky rice pudding is an absolute must this winter. If you are feeling like some nourishing comfort food this recipe is for you. It’s quick, easy and perfect for the whole family. The recipe is versatile- use your own creative flair to add extra spices and flavours to suit your taste. Enjoy this warm sticky rice for breakfast or dessert.
Vegan | Gluten free | Sugar free
1.5 cup white basmati rice
2 tbs coconut oil
1x 400ml can of coconut milk
2 cups of soy milk (or milk of choice)
2 cups water
2 teas chai baking spice
pinch cardamom powder (optional)
Pinch sea salt
⅓ cup maple syrup
⅓ cup almonds roughly chopped
⅓ cup raisins
TO SERVE (optional)
Caramelised banana (banana, coconut oil, maple syrup)
- Place all ingredients in a heavy based saucepan.
- Bring to the boil, then reduce heat to a lower simmer.
- Cook for 15-20 minutes, stirring occasionally until the rice is tender but still has a little bite to it. You can add more milk or water if required. I like to go for more liquid to ensure the end result is nice and creamy.
- Turn off the heat and place a lid on the saucepan for 5-10 minutes
- Serve as is or top with fresh blueberries, coconut yoghurt & *caramelised banana.
Melt some butter/coconut oil in a frying pan. Slice a banana in half down the middle and fry each side with a little maple syrup drizzled over the top until golden. The syrup will help ensure a nice sticky caramel-y finish on the banana.
We hope you enjoy and don't forget to tag us #goodcalmer on Instagram if you give this recipe a try!