Slightly Sweet, Slightly Spicy Nut Mix
This chai spiced nut mix makes the ultimate outdoor picnic snack! Grain-free and sweetened by pure maple syrup, use a combination of your favourite nuts and seeds! Bring a big batch to your next social gathering and it's sure to be a hit. Enjoy...
3 cups mixed raw nuts (e.g. cashews, pistachios, pecans, walnuts, almonds, pepita seeds)
- 1 cup unsweetened coconut flakes
- ½ cup pure maple syrup
- ½ cup tahini
- 2 tablespoons of extra-virgin olive oil
- 1¼ teaspoons of salt
- 1 teaspoon of Chai Baking Spice
- Preheat oven to 150°C. Line a rimmed baking sheet with baking paper or foil.
- Roughly chop nuts and add them along with the coconut flakes into a large bowl.
- Whisk maple syrup, tahini, oil, salt, and Chai Baking Spice in a separate medium bowl until combined.
- Pour tahini syrup over nut mixture and toss with a spatula until evenly coated.
- Scrape onto prepared sheet. Bake mixture, tossing and rotating sheet from front to back every 10–15 minutes, until golden brown, careful not to burn (approximately 30–35 minutes total).
- Let cool on the baking sheet (nuts will crisp as they cool), about 20 minutes. Break into pieces before serving.
Store in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 2 weeks.