We wanted to give you some inspiration using our new Chai Baking Spice. So our sales consultant Kacey created these simple Chai Spiced Vegan Pancakes just for you. They are easy to make, the batter is refined sugar-free and can also be made gluten-free!
Quickly becoming a household favourite with the Calmer Sutra team, these pancakes are sure to please the whole family or brunch guests. We bet they won’t even know they are vegan. ;)
- 3/4 cup self-rising flour (alternatively, use ground oats or gluten-free flour)
- 2/3 cup almond meal
- 250ml almond milk
- 3 tbsp maple syrup
- 2 tbsp chia seeds
- 1 mashed banana
- 1 teaspoon Chai Baking Spice
- pinch salt
- coconut oil for frying
- Chai Sprinkles to serve
- Coconut yogurt to serve
- 1 large banana
- 1 teaspoon coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon Hiranya Chai-Infused Honey (use maple syrup to keep it vegan)
- Mix all dry ingredients together in a large bowl
- Mix all wet ingredients together in a separate bowl
- Add wet mixture to dry ingredients and gently whisk to combine
- And that's your batter done!
- Heat coconut oil in a pan until it's nice and hot and make pancakes as you do. These pancakes don’t tend to bubble when cooked on one side so keep an eye out for a nice crust forming on the edges and then flip
- To make caramelised bananas; slice the banana down the middle length ways. Heat coconut oil and honey/maple in the pan until bubbling and simply fry each side of the banana until a nice caramel colour forms.
- Lay bananas on top of your pancake stack with a dollop of coconut yogurt.
- Dust with sprinkles.
WATCH THE VIDEO
Need a little more support? Kacey walks you through the recipe step-by-step in this video tutorial!