White Russian Cocktail with a Chai Twist
Our Office Manager Kacey takes us back into her kitchen to share with us a step by step guide on how to make the perfect outdoor picnic cocktail - Chai Spiced White Russian. Creamy, spicy and sweet all at the same time! Here's how to make one...INGREDIENTS
- 15oz vodka
- 30ml Kahlua
- 60ml Chai Vanilla Syrup (to be made in advance, see method)
- 60ml Pouring Cream
- Chai Sprinkles to dust (or cinnamon/nutmeg)
To make the Chai Vanilla Syrup:
- Add to a saucepan; 1/2 cup Calmer Chai, 1 tbsp vanilla extract, 1 tbsp honey, 1 1/2 cups water.
- Bring to an almost boil then turn off the heat and let steep for half an hour or so.
- Strain syrup into a jar and store in the fridge.
To make the cocktail:
- Fill a glass tumbler with ice.
- Add the vodka, Kahlua and chai syrup.
- Put the cream into a vessel with a pouring spout. Slowly pour the cream over the ice to create a layer. The cream should sit on top.
- Dust the top with Chai Sprinkles, cinnamon or nutmeg.
- Garnish with star anise and cinnamon quills if desired.
- Stir and enjoy.
WATCH THE VIDEO
Need a little more support? Check out Kacey's video tutorial!