Simple syrup should be just that - simple; and it doesn’t get any easier than this tea-infused recipe. With just a few ingredients, you will be on your way to making some delicious DIY Tea-Infused Syrups. Perfect if you want to up your cocktail game, flavour your sparkling water, or even to drizzle over your pancakes!
Let’s TEA it up.
- 30g of Calmer Sutra Loose Leaf Tea *
- 1 Cup White Sugar
- 1 Cup Water
- Tea Strainer
- Sterilised bottle/jar with lid
- Place the sugar & water into a saucepan and bring to a light boil. Stir until the sugar and water are incorporated.
- Reduce heat and let simmer for 10 minutes
- Stir in the Calmer Sutra Loose Leaf Tea and remove from the heat.
- Let stand for at least 30 min to let the tea infuse.
- Strain into a heat-proof sterilised bottle/jar and store in the fridge.
Voila! You are now ready to enjoy your syrup!
*Loose leaf tea is preferred to ensure flavour isn't compromised. Don’t have loose leaf? Just open up your tea bag and pour in!
All syrups last 2-4 weeks in the fridge (helpful tip: date the bottle so you remember when it was made).
Want to create the range? Experiment with our collection to see which flavour suits you best. From Chai-infused syrup, to Super Spiced Cacao Syrup, the options are endless!
Try our White Russian Cocktail with a Chai Twist using our DIY Chai Vanilla Syrup method.
Have fun and enjoy! Don't forget to tag us in your creations @calmerchai