With warmer weather seeping slowly into our days, I find myself mixing it up and opting for chilled drinks over hot options. Chai is no exception here.
The ritual of warming your hands around a hot cuppa and cosying up on the couch, can be replaced with sweet cool sipping on an iced chai in your deck chair. Close your eyes and breathe in that heavenly new spring air and transport yourself to faraway beachy lands with dreamy island music, swaying gently in a hammock between palms….ahhh.. ok here’s what you need.
ICED CHAI BABY – HOW TO BREW
- Fresh Chai
- Honey (or sweetener of choice)
- Soy milk (or milk of choice)
- Ice cream
- Chai sprinkles
- 1 heaped tablespoon of fresh chai into a jug
- Cover with 80ml boiling water
- Add 1 teaspoon of honey (or choice of sweetener)
- Steep for 2 mins
- Top jug with 220ml of cold soy milk (or milk of choice)
- Prepare a tall glass with lots of ice and a scoop of ice cream*
- Strain chai into the glass
- Dust with chai sprinkles
- Sit back and chill the chai out!
*optional but you’d be a fool not to
Mama Chai xx