Get to Know Our Ambassadors & Their Delicious Recipes
The great thing about being a small, local business is that we really get to know the people within our community. As we’ve been around since 2002, meeting both old and new chai-sipping friends never gets old. It’s because of these meaningful relationships that paved the way for our first ambassador program that we launched towards the end of last year.
We were lucky enough to onboard 6 like-minded individuals around Australia as our first-ever ambassadors and partner with them to grow our Calmer Community and create some delicious recipes using your favourite Calmer Sutra Tea products.
Here’s a round-up of a few of their recipes that we can’t wait for you to try…
Vegan Florentine Cups
by Katie-Rose Campbell of See Want Eat
Ambassador Katie-Rose is a physiotherapy student and recipe extraordinaire. She knows a thing or two about healthy eating and created these sweet and spicy Chai Florentine Cups using our Vegan Chai blend - a nutrient-packed snack to keep you satiated throughout the day.
- 1/2 cup almond flakes
- 1/2 cup coconut flakes
- 1/2 cup pepita seeds
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1/2 cup buckwheat kernels
- 1/2 cup quick oats or GF oats
- 3 tablespoon Vegan Chai
- 150ml of boiling water
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 2 tablespoon rice malt syrup
- 1 tablespoon tahini
- 100g dark chocolate, melted
- Preheat an oven to 180C degrees
- Soak the Vegan Chai in the boiling water for 10 minutes
- Mix the dry ingredients in a bowl
- Strain the chai and add the liquid only to the dry ingredients
- Add the rice malt syrup and tahini
- Combine well until mixture is all covered
- Spoon 2 tablespoon of mixture into a well of a silicone muffin tray, repeat to make 12
- Flatten and squash the tops of the mixture into the wells with a spoon
- Bake for 25 minutes at 180C degrees
- Let cool before adding the melted dark chocolate on top
- Refrigerate before serving
Chai French Toast
by Renee Drochmann of Hungry Bear Grazing
Who doesn’t love the scent of freshly made french toast hitting the frypan on a weekend morning? Or on a weekday morning, for that matter. Our delightful, energetic ambassador Renee came up with a clever way to use our Chai Sprinkles in this cinnamony, crunchy Chai French Toast recipe. You’re welcome.
- 1 cup almond milk
- 1 tablespoon Hiranya Chai Infused Honey
- 1 tablespoon Chai Sprinkles
- 6 slices of your bread of choice - e.g. sourdough
- Top with whatever your heart desires - e.g. berries, jam and honey
- Mix almond milk, chai honey and chai sprinkles together in a shallow bowl
- Heat your oiled pan to medium heat
- Dip bread slices in the batter, coating completely
- Place on pan and cook until golden brown on both sides
- Add toppings. Enjoy!
Chai Summer Smoothie
by Stephanie Gobbo of Willow Urban Retreat
Just because it’s hot outside, doesn’t mean you have to miss your daily cuppa chai! Stephanie is not only our ambassador, she is a Naturopath and Nutritionist at one of our incredible stockists, Willow Urban Retreat. Stephanie created a Chai Summer Smoothie using our Chai Baking Spice that’s so filling and flavourful you won’t even know (or care) that you’re drinking cauliflower! Rich in plant protein, essential fatty acids and fibre, this smoothie is amazing for boosting energy, digestive health, glowing skin and hormone balancing.
1 chopped frozen banana
- 1 handful of frozen cauliflower (steamed first then frozen)
- 1.5 cups of almond/coconut milk
- 1 tablespoon of collagen powder
- 1/2 teaspoon of Maca powder
- 1 teaspoon of Chai Baking Spice
- 1 tablespoons of vanilla bean coconut yoghurt
- 1 tablespoon of ABC spread (almond, Brazil nut, cashew butter)
- 1 tablespoon of ground flaxseed
- Pour ingredients into a blender and away you go!
We’re gearing up for our second ambassador program to take place later this year! So if you’re a fellow chai lover with an engaged audience that can’t wait to hear about us, get in touch about becoming a Calmer Sutra Ambassador.