A Savoury Chai Recipe
This savoury recipe using our Chai Baking Spice is quickly becoming a team favourite here at Calmer Sutra Tea. Developed by our Sales Manager Nina, we're loving this slightly sweet, slightly spicy apple chutney in toasties or as the perfect addition to a cheeseboard. Give it a go, it's super easy!
- 2 large apples, peeled, cored and medium chopped
- 1 tbs mustard seeds
- 1 medium chopped onion
- 200g raisins
- 1 tbs of Chai Baking Spice
- 1/3 cups of apple cider vinegar
- 1/3 cup brown rice malt syrup
- 1 lemon grated
- Put all of the ingredients (chopped apples, onion, apple cider vinegar, rice malt syrup, lemon zest, raisins, chai spice, mustard seeds) into a medium saucepan and stir to combine.
- Heat on high to bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low and simmer, covered, stirring frequently for about 30-40 minutes. Add splashes of water if it becomes too dry.
- Remove from heat and let cool. Transfer to sterilised, clean, dry jars and seal. Refrigerate for up to 2 weeks.