Need something to fire you up in the morning? These warming bite-sized treats are not only a delicious snack to help boost your energy, but they’re nutrient-dense and PACKED with essential vitamins, fibres and antioxidants thanks to the Medjool daes. These magical little fruits also help lower cholesterol, aid in digestion, help strengthen bones and have even been linked to minimising insomnia. The list really goes on, but in the meantime, get your bliss ball on!
- 3 tbsp SUPER SPICED CACAO
- ¼ cup Boiling Water + Extra
- 2 cups Pitted Medjool Dates
- 3 tbsp Coconut Oil
- 1 cup Oats
- ½ cup Pepitas
- ½ cup LSA
- ½ cup Almond Meal
- 1 tbsp Cacao Powder
- ¾ cup Desiccated Coconut
- ½ tsp Cardamom
- Place the super spiced cacao into a heatproof jug and add ¼ cup of boiling water. Mix to combine and set aside.
- Place the pitted dates into a bowl and cover with boiling water to soften- set aside.
- Melt the coconut oil in a saucepan (or microwave). 3 tbsp should equal roughly ⅓ cup when melted. Set aside.
- Place dry ingredients (oats, pepitas, LSA, almond meal, cacao, coconut and cardamom) into a food processor. Blitz until well combined and pepitas are broken down. Transfer to a large bowl.
- Using a mesh strainer, strain the super spiced cacao mixture and put strained liquid into a food processor. Add the melted coconut oil, and (strained) dates.
- Blitz wet ingredients until nice and smooth then add them to the bowl with the dry ingredients.
- Using your hands, mix the ingredients together until combined.
- Roll into balls and then through some extra desiccated coconut if desired.
- Place into an airtight container and store in the fridge for up to 5 days.
For an extra bit of chilli kick, you can add a dash of cayenne pepper to give these ballssome fire! For more Super Spice Cacao recipes, check out our healthy Spiced Cacao Cookies.