Hello flavour explosion! Enjoy a mouthful of gooey cacao, tangerine, ginger and chilli goodness with every bite of these easy-to-make Super Spiced Cacao Brownies. What's the hardest part? Resisting to urge to lick the entire bowl!
Original recipe created by our Sales Consultant Kacey Childs.
- 5 tablespoons of Super Spiced Cacao
- 90g butter
- 180g dark chocolate
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 3 tbsp arrowroot powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- Preheat oven to 170° C
- Prepare pan with baking paper (NOTE: it doesn't matter what size - though a bigger tin means thinner brownies and a smaller tin means thicker brownies
- Put Super Spiced Cacao in bowl with a splash of boiling water, stir together to create a smooth and runny consistency (it needs to be able to go through a strainer)
- Melt butter and chocolate together over a double boiler. Set aside to cool slightly and add strained SSC.
- Beat together eggs, vanilla and sugar until pale and creamy. Add melted chocolate/SSC mixture and beat until combined.
- Add cocoa powder, arrowroot and salt. Mix until combined.
- Pour batter into pan and bake.
- Baking time really depends on your oven and the size of pan used. I would say approx 15-20 minutes but just keep an eye on them. Jiggle the pan and when the mixture is set and no longer wobbly, take them out.
- Let them cool. (NOTE: they will sink in the centre but that is what you want!)