Our resident recipe extraordinaire slash sales consultant Kacey takes us into her kitchen to share a step-by-step guide on how to make the perfect winter warmer - Chai Mulled Wine. It's boozy, it's bold and it's spicy. Perfect for these chilly nights inside!
1 cup orange juice
- 750ml red wine
- 3 tbsp Calmer Chai
- 1 vanilla bean pod
- 60ml Cointreau
- 2 tbsp sugar
- Sliced orange to decorate
- Make the spiced infusion by adding to a saucepan; orange juice, 1 cup of wine, Calmer Chai, vanilla bean, sugar and 30ml of Cointreau.
- Bring to boil until sugar dissolves then turn off heat and let infuse for an hour or so.
- Remove spices by straining through a sieve.
- Transfer syrup to a bigger pot and add the rest of the wine, Cointreau and orange slices.
- Heat on a very low heat until warm.
- Viola! It's ready to serve.
WATCH THE VIDEO
Need a little more support? Check out Kacey's video tutorial!